We are seeking to provide resources that will enrich both the Early Years practitioner and their work.
We are beginning to gather together materials that reflect best practice in the UK and beyond. Some of these will be made available only to current Love Early Years members but the majority are freely available to all.
To submit material that you would like us to consider adding to our resources please email to email@example.com
Equality and Diversity resources…
- Nursery World “Actually it does Matter” Laura Henry – Allain
- Award winning black dolls
- Children’s jigsaw puzzles featuring diverse characters
- Mixed race and black dolls
- Series of podcasts challenging and developing our understanding of race, ethnicity and cultural diversity:
- iTunes & Apple Podcast: Early Years Conversation exploring race, ethnicity and cultural diversity
- Podbean: Black, Bold & Unapologetic
- The Faith & Belief Forum – The Crossroads Where my Blackness and Christianity Meet
- 15 Gratitude Activities for children
- Child Bereavement
- Covid-19 resources to support children
- Is someone you love ill?
- The Power of Play – helping children cope, from Great Ormond Street
- How to approach separation anxiety when we reopen childcare
- Childcare at the Intersection of Prejudice and COVID-19
- Wash your hands poster by Nick Sharratt (downloads): Black & White OR Colour
- The Little Iceberg tells a story of hope and loss, revealing the healing power of friendship and belonging.
- Picture books about loss
- 9 stories to help children process tough emotions
Outdoor Play ideas…
- Sweet as Honey
- Den Building
- Let there be Fire
- Grow your own veg
- Spring Bingo
- Weaving a Rainbow
- Making Music
- Bug Hunting
- Transient Art
Early Days Magazine Articles…
- Sing and Make Music
Taking a Risk
- Tales of Adventure, Risk and Stormy Seas
- Whose Values?
Number and Shape
- Who holds the power in Early Years maths?
Early Days Magazine..
Audit & Quality Improvement Tools..
- What drives your setting forward?
- Do you have a shared vision and values?
- Gather information and find out where the gaps are.
- Create your own action plan to support improvements.
Download your own posters here.